Hey loves! I don’t know about you, but I am SO excited for Christmas this year. Especially since I get to decorate our new house in Hawaii and make it really feel like home this holiday! I have already started gathering inspiration for decor and I thought I would share that with you in case you’re shopping too! Especially since retailers are expecting shortages in inventory and delays with shipping, so I wanted to get a jumpstart on shopping! I’ve rounded up everything you’ll need to create a cozy Christmas home this year!
1. You need a Christmas tree! We can get live trees in Hawaii, but they often don’t get shipped here until December, and it’s our tradition to decorate our tree on Black Friday, so I ordered a 7 foot one for our home here. It’s the perfect height if you don’t have tall ceilings! I also found a really cute tree skirt with little red poms- I thought it was adorable!
2. You need stockings! Santa needs something to put little trinkets and treats in, and you can’t go wrong with traditional red and white colored stockings. They’re perfect if you want to mix and match or get everyone’s name monogram.
3. A Christmas wreath! Whether you hang it on your door or over your mantle, a wreath is the perfect compliment to your decor for the holiday season.
4. Cozy blankets and pillows are essential, especially so you can cuddle up while watching your favorite holiday movies on the couch!
5. An advent calendar so you can countdown until Christmas! I swear, the most disappointing day is the day after Christmas after all that excitement and anticipation that builds up is gone. But the kids absolutely love counting down the days and moving the little marker each day.
6. Christmas pajamas– especially if you want to match as a family, get yours NOW! I always see cute prints and there will be sizes unavailable that I’d need for our family, so I linked the pajamas that I ordered for our family this year so I hope you can get your sizes too!
7. Christmas towels– whether you get dish towels for the kitchen or hand towels for the bathroom, I think it’s an easy way to add some Christmas cheer to your space with a fun pop of color, and it’s functional too!
8. Christmas mugs! If you’re whipping up come hot cocoa or having your morning coffee, a Christmas mug is the perfect way to have some extra holiday cheer each day! The monogrammed ones make great gifts too!
These are my favorite stockings for Christmas 2021! I love classic red and white stockings that can be personalized! And there’s some super affordable options too!!
If you need some inspiration as well, here’s my decor from 2020!
enjoying bits of life as a mama + homemaker
easy + extra recipes, decor + cleaning motivation!